If you are interested in these two breeds and their temperaments, I have collected some links to explore and later on I will do a post on the temperament of these breeds.
Working Cocker Spaniel
- Difference between show and working lines of English cocker spaniels
- Working Cocker Spaniel – is this the right dog breed for me?
- Why the working cocker spaniel is such a popular dog
- Cocker Club information on show vs working cocker
- A British kennel’s page on show vs working cocker (more detail on temperament)
- Happy Puppy site on the show vs working differences
- Website of a kennel in NL/GER that has a lot of information, especially on health and buying a puppy (specific pages: breed info, health, and breeding)
Polish Hunting Spaniel
- The PHS (or PSM with its native name) is a “new” breed, developed over the past 30 years to match an original native Polish breed that disappeared after WW2 and it has only recently been recognised as a breed by kennel clubs outside of Poland (Netherlands and Denmark). As such, there is currently little information about the breed in English so I recommend installing a Google Translate extension in your browser if you can
- Wikipedia page for the breed
- Polish Spaniel Club breed page
- Facebook page of the breed association
- Polish breeders’ magazing feature on PSM
- Image search results