Now that many of us are spending a lot more time at home, it’s the perfect time to spend some extra time training your dog! Even if we can’t go to face-to-face training courses, there is plenty on offer online so I’ve put together a little list of places to start your search…
I’d love to hear recommendations, too – comment below and I’ll add them!
Lots of different courses – some are by Ian Dunbar who is well-established, others you’ll need to judge the quality and style for yourself. Very affordable, too! Some interesting ones:
Fenzi Dog Sports Academy
Fenzi brings together great dog trainers around the US, all doing online courses, workshops and webinars at affordable prices (because they’re online)
- Webinars – e.g. enrichment, keeping calm, loose leash walking
- All courses starting April 1
- Dealing with the Bogeyman – Helping Fearful Reactive and Stressed Dogs
- Feelings Change – Desensitization and Counter-conditioning
- Compose the Dog – Photographic Composition
- Zen Logic – Making Sense of Self Control
- Bye, Bye Cookie: Hello Delayed Reinforcement!
- Magic Mats: Where to be, When to go, and What to do
- All Things Parkour
Interesting blog posts/podcasts
- “Canine Enrichment for the Real World”
- From Dolphins to Dogs: Better, More Cooperative Care
- Pattern Games for Working on Reactivity & Focus
- Behavior Meds: What every dog owner should know
- How to Talk to Your Dog: Becoming Cue Savvy
They also have a free puppy book which might be of interest to new dog owners!
Spirit Dog Training
- Agility Secrets (recommended by someone on working cocker FB groups)